Gale Family

Gale Family

Monday, July 30, 2012

Allie and Rachel in May 2012

Here are some somewhat random pictures from May that we think are cute and want to share.

Rachel loves food. We've said it before, and I'm sure we'll say it again. Food makes her happy.

Look at this smile

Last Halloween, Allie got a little soft plastic, real-looking mouse from a friend at church. Allie loves it, and Rachel decided that she does, too.

Who needs a cat?

We went for a walk to the park, where the girls played and had lots of fun. I love taking pictures at the park because it's fairly easy to get real smiles and there is usually pretty good lighting.


I love this one of Allie!

Rachel loved carrying this stick around.


Rachel loves it when we go for walks. She gets so excited if we even touch a stroller. When we got home from the park, she wasn't ready to get out of the stroller.



Allie has been doing great with getting herself dressed. One night she put her pajamas on backwards. She convinced us to zip it up for her. Silly girl.




Allie pretended to feed her baby a few times after Rachel was born, but overall she hasn't done it very often. I didn't expect it when she took her shirt off and started to "nurse" her baby in May. But I love this picture. I think it is so sweet.


We went for another walk to Theta Pond. Allie started pushing Rachel in her stroller around the time Grandma and Grandpa Carpenter were here. She thinks it is so great. Rachel just loves it if anyone will push her.

Here we go!

We saw a fuzzy turtle.

Allie is a big fan of us taking her picture. Here's a shot taken on her command that turned out pretty cute.



Another quirk that Allie has is wanting to sleep in tight spaces. For a month or two before moving, Allie insisted on sleeping under Rachel's crib. When we would let her, she would normally go to sleep more quickly, so it became the norm. We would kneel by her bed for prayers, then let her crawl under the crib, and then sing to her. She makes us smile and laugh a lot.



 Allie finally let me paint her nails. I only paint my toe nails, and I had tried getting her to let me a few times before in the last year or more, but she wouldn't let me. This time, it was actually her idea. I started with her toes and then she wanted her fingers done, too. She kept saying how pretty they were and how she was going to have pretty nails just like her cousin. I didn't get a good picture with her face and the nails, so here is one of her putting her painted nails out for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Allie is sleeping under the crib! WOW! That's funny that she didn't want to paint her nails before. Jordan begs for it. I feel funny painting his nails and I'm careful to put socks and shoes on him instead of sandals when he's painted.

    You have a TURTLE in your pond!! WOW! That is so awesome!

    So, how does it make you feel when Rachel puts that mouse in her mouth?

    ReplyDelete

True love

True love
you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose.....wait a minute